Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nate Colin

Welcome home Nate!

Well after 38 1/2 weeks we are proud to announce that Nate Colin Sisson is here!

I went to the Dr yesterday morning with no intentions of being induced and left the appointment with these instructions, "get your hubby, eat some lunch, farm your kidos out and head to the hospital".

During the appointment I was telling her that "the baby" (we had not settled on a name yet) had not been very wiggly so she set up a test to monitor his heart rate and then did an ultrasound. She said there was no good reason for him to not be moving like mad (he was the wiggliest baby ever) and she also could not see where the cord was so she felt like it would be best to go ahead and get him out. While I really wanted to go into labor on my own she felt like it would be best to induce. I was induced with both Haley and Graham and to make a long story short-it made my labor very long! I was not to thrilled to have another long labor kind of day.

The short story-labor did not go as long as the other 2. It took about 6 hrs. I made it with only taking something for nausea and something to take the "edge" off. That's correct-No epidural!
For those who know me, that's a BIG deal! Nate arrived after only pushing for a short while. The cord (like the Dr thought) was wrapped all around him and that's why in some (or most) of the pictures his face looks kinda blue. Most of the color is from where the force combined with the cord, caused bruising. After getting the cord untangled, he let out a loud scream and all was well!

Mom, dad and Nate are all doing great. We will leave to go home tomorrow to be with big sister Haley and big brother Graham! They are so excited to see him. With the flu being so bad here they wont let kids under 12 back to see the babies. They did get to see him through the nursery window.



3 comments:

Paul said...

Sweet Alabama hat, Nate!

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

Wow...no epidural!?!? I'm proud. Call me when you can talk. I've been too afraid since I know you are so busy.

Kandy said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Way to go on forgoing the epidural!
Btw, where did you guys get the name "Nate"? Just curious.
Congrats again!
Kandy Sanders (Jeremy's wife:)
kandymichele@teklinks.net