Friday, September 4, 2009

Graham Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well as most of you may know Graham had a very hard weekend last weekend. We are very thankful that our new addition has not yet arrived. I can only imagine how crazy the weekend "could have been" had he graced us with his presence.

The weekend started by Graham dislocating his elbow. After a few hours in the ER, some pain meds and very uncomfortable x rays it was put back in place and had a splint and sling for 3 days. For those who know Graham, this was not going to slow him down one bit! He still ran, played, jumped off furniture, etc. He is glad to have it off now. I think the hardest thing for him was the fact that he could not get his cars into his pockets with the splint.

When we did not think the weekend would get any worse, Haley woke up sick Friday night (and by sick I mean all over Grahams bed, the floor, wall, you get me?). So now we are STUCK inside with Graham and Haley. We were trying to keep Graham calm all weekend so no more damage would be done to his arm.

On Saturday afternoon Graham fell off the recliner and landed head first on the tile. Normally this is no big deal b/c Graham usually bounces back but this time he cried and when Alex looked at his head I knew this was worse than normal. Just take a gander at the pic. Need I say more?
The bump is slowly going away (1 week later) and his forehead is still bruised. We were sure this would slow him down now. WRONG! He is still just as crazy as ever. I sometimes wonder where this boy came from...

Mom asked me the other day if Alex was like Graham as a kid. "Really mom? Have you seen all the scars on Alexs head? Have you seen how he acts as an adult?" I was kidding myself wondering where Graham came from. He is so Alex that there are days its scary. Maybe number 3 will be just like my brother Andy Man :) Calm, cool and collective!

1 comment:

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

Poor Graham and Haley...and mom and dad, too! Andrew wants you to ask Alex about his Evil Knievel stunt that gave him one of his scars on his head. (It's never good when you leave a kickstand down when riding a bike!)