Wednesday, February 13, 2008

3 days until Papua New Guinea (PNG)

I have added a couple of things to the blog. On the right hand side you will see a list of books I have read in the last couple of months, maybe you will find that worth looking at. I will also be keeping you guys up to date with what we will be studying in class on a weekly basis.

While this week may seem a little think, I assure you it isn't. This week we have been honored to have Dr. David J. Hesselgrave with us. He was a missionary in Japan in the 50's and from there he went on to be a professor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School from 1965 until he retired in the 1991. From there he has probably done more than most people do in a regular career. He is now 84, and this is the last time he plans on teaching. I wish I was as sharp now as he is at 84.

Well PNG is only three days away! I have been very busy this week between class, and preparing to leave. Kelley and the kids will be flying home for a couple of weeks on Friday, and I will head out on Saturday and will return a month later on March 17th. More to come on PNG in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

Safe travels, Alex! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.