Sunday, July 5, 2009

funny stories

It seems like a day does not go by when Graham does something that makes me question if he has any of my DNA or if he is ALL Alex.
I've been meaning to post a few funny Graham stories but keep forgetting. Enjoy!

Story 1.
The other day I was in the restroom when Graham opened the door (no knock, or "mom may I come in) and ran right up to my face holding something. When I asked him to step back so I could see he said, "look Mom, its a frog!"!!! For anyone who knows me knows I HATE FROGS. All I could do was scream, then yell at him to get out, and then panic that he would just drop the bull frog in the house. I should have known that he would never drop it b/c when he holds these nasty frogs he holds them so tight their eyes bulge from their heads. BTW, I should have also known that Alex was sitting outside and knew what was going on the entire time :)

Story 2.
I took Graham to Target with me yesterday and I wanted to try on a few skirts so we both went into the dressing room. While I was trying on skirts he said look mom what I found. Like the good mom that I am I just said, "I see Buddy", only problem was I really did not look. Well should know better with Graham b/c when I did look he had a HUGE frog again. Now this time the frog was dead, and someone had stepped on it so all its insides were coming out of its mouth and Graham is just holding this "thing" like its no big deal. What was I to do? I'll tell you what I did, I screamed, told him to put the frog down now and just stood there totally grossed out. After using a half a bottle of hand sanitizer and listing to other people giggle in the dressing room, we left, told the manager and went about our business.

Boys really are so so so different from girls.

Story 3.
This story really proves that kids say the darndest things.
About 2 months ago Haley informed me that her bottom could fit in the hole of the potty seat and that mine could not. She "reminded" me that mine goes over the potty seat. Thanks Haley. Today, we were putting away laundry and my undies were in the basket and Graham asked if they were Haley's. I said "no buddy, they are moms" he said "ohhh, yours big big?". Thanks Graham.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Thanks for the laughs. Kids are definitely very blunt. I get variations on the same thing from my kids. Little do they know that the same is in store for them someday....

ginnafay said...

Graham and the frogs... too funny.

Rachel said...

Hilarious. Even more hilarious that you posted the 3rd. I hope to keep Hayden from discovering nastiness like that. How did a frog make it in Target??? Good thing his dad is a musician. :)

Keri said...

I totally sympathize on story #3. "I love you, my big, fat Mommy!" Thanks for sharing!